Reports To: Front of the House Manager
Enthusiastic Bartender to provide an excellent guest pub experience. Must prepare classic and house mixed drinks along with pouring tap, bottled beer, and glasses of wine. Also entails greeting and seating customers, taking orders, answering questions about the menu, selling and upselling the restaurants food and drinks, utilizing the POS system, communicating with the kitchen staff, answering the phone in a professional manner, taking phone orders, and reservations. Serving food, taking and processing payment, all while maintaining a clean and sanitary environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Present proper personal hygiene. Clean body and proper, clean uniform.
• Set up and prepare Bar / Service area for upcoming shift.
• Greet, seat, and engage customers in a welcoming, positive manner.
• Check patron’s identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
• Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons.
• Prep and mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience.
• Provide menu and bar knowledge including ingredients and preparation procedures to patrons.
• Take food and drink orders accurately and with a positive attitude, making suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Enter orders into the POS system for transmittal to kitchen.
• Deliver food and drinks to patrons quickly and efficiently.
• Ensure patrons are enjoying their meals and immediately take action to correct any problems.
• Prepare guest checks that itemize and total meal / drinks costs and sales taxes.
• Present patrons with guest checks. Collect and process payment.
• Perform all closing side work including cleaning, restocking, and setting up the Bar / Service area for next shift.
• Cleaning, Restocking, and maintaining Bath rooms.
• Properly clocking in and out using POS system.
• Resume and proven working experience as a bartender.
• Work / Personal references.
• Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing, and serving drinks.
• Attentiveness and patience for customers.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
• Active Listening and effective communication skills.
• Team spirit.
• Flexibility to work in shifts.
• No Certifications necessary.
• No Licenses required.
• Physical abilities:
Able to be on your feet for hours.
Able to lift large, small trays, cases of beer and spirits from 20 to 100 pounds.
Requires the ability to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, lift and turn with bus tubs, and work quickly by moving easily through a busy environment.